Monday, December 14, 2009

   

DiCAPac WP-410 Alpha Underwater Waterproof Digital Camera Housing Case
From DiCAPac

This transparent and flexible case allows convenient control for camera buttons as well as perfect visibility for the LCD screen. User friendly product with easy to open and close Roll & Velcro zipper system. UV coated polycarbonate window for camera lens allow consumers to take clear pictures with same quality as with high-end camera housing.The case provides reliable protection not only from the water, but from dust, sand and weather elements. It even floats safely if dropped in the water.
Brand: DiCAPac Model: WP-410 Dimensions: .30 pounds

DICAPAC WORKS!!!!! I wanted a Nice underwater Camera Case for my Canon SD750 camera to use when I go to Hawaii, but didn't want to shell out $200 for the Case by Canon. SO I opted to give the DicaPac a go.. Let me tell you I reaad alot of online reviews and I was confident it would work.. Well Lets just say it worked, and worked great. My friend laughed at me and thought I was Crazy to be putting My trust in a $30 "Plastic bag" as she put it.. especially with my nice camera.. But after it worked Flawlessly and I got over a 100 pivtures andf video of her Daughter in the Pool testing it out, she was now a Believer. She will definately be getting one now. as the the reviewer said he coudn't see the lens.. I'm not sure if he only has a viewfinder, but on my camera it has a large LCD display only and I could see every Picture and video being taken through the clear case. Very nice!!! Will tell all my friends going to Hawaii to save their money on the expensive manufacturers' cases and get this one instead.. Worked for me I was hesitant about using this underwater, but I thought it would be good to at least protect my camera from the sand. After doing a few tests with tissue inside, I braved the water. It survived my entire vacation, from jet skiing to snorkeling to kayaking. The lens piece is quite clear and I was able to take good pictures. Sometimes water droplets blurred certain spots, but it wasn't a huge problem. My only problems were, 1- It was difficult sometimes to press buttons thru the bag. 2- sometimes the camera lens wasn't in the right spot, so when I turned on the camera the lens was blocked. I'd shift the camera and the restart it. 3 - The plastic aside from the lens can get hard to see thru in the water. I wasn't always sure if I was getting my picture. Overall, I liked the product a lot. It's certainly much cheaper than the official underwater camera case that Canon makes. Works great! I use this holder for my cannon SD770 when I kayak and snorkel. Also Like to take pics as I scoot down the river in the Yak while holding the camera just under water. Interesting pics of fish under logs and big rocks....I knew they were there, just couldn't hook'em! The camera is easy to use and remains dry. Keep the case out of the sun whenever possible, I suspect the plastic will eventually harden and crack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment